Speed BEE Talks
5 slides in 5 minutes. From the main stage, invited guests and a handful of chosen applicants from conference attendees will present innovative projects, intriguing trends, and new bee-related news. In this series of rapid-fire talks (inspired by TED Talks), we’ll hear from innovators, inventors, scientists, activists, and more.
Sarah Wiener (pictured) is Master of Ceremonies.
• Dr. Tugut Altug (Green Party Berlin, DE): Berlin’s Bee Strategy
• Ziv Elyashiv (Let me Bee, IL): The Honey Path: Multicultural Apiary in the Oasis of Peace Village
• Julia Gajewski (Guerrilla Foundation, DE): The Hive Power of Activism
• Nils Gerber (BEEsharing, DE): BEEsharing: Bee-friendly Agriculture through Digitalization
• Dr. Sebastian Hausmann (The World Foundation for Natural Science, DE): How Bees Use Electromagnetic Fields and Why 5G Is Not a Good Idea
• Dr. Rosa María Licón Luna (Wild Bees Project, FR): Photographic Survey of Wild Bees in the Jura Mountains of France
• Fiona MacDonald (Feral Practice, UK): Sing It To the Bees
• Geert Steelant (de lachende bijenkast, BE): Predatory Mite Stratiolaelaps s. versus Varroa Mite
We will accept applications from conference attendees starting 15 June.
* Program subject to change.
Speed BEE Talks – Application Form
We are looking for speakers who can succinctly and articulately present one of the following topics from the main stage in five minutes or less: 1) An innovative project that is in development or already being implemented; 2) An intriguing trend related to apiculture, forestry, agriculture, and/or the environment; or 3) New bee-related news. Applications will be evaluated by a committee and selected on a rolling basis, starting on 15 June.